Monday, January 28, 2008

Postpartum Cravings

I didn't really have any major cravings while pregnant. It was nice because I was able to maintain a good weight for my already overweight frame.

Lets make a quick comparison: 1st baby I gained about 60 pounds
2cnd baby I only gained 30 pounds.

Good, right? I think so.

So here I am, battling these cravings that I have decided to link to being a postpartum mommy. Not sure if me being able to eat two dozen peanut butter cookies is related to that or not...or if scarfing down three scoops of ice-cream in one sitting is either...but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Got it? Good!

You see, during my pregnancy, I actually didn't eat all that much. Ok, ok...sometimes I did. But towards the end I couldn't hardly stomach eating dinner with my family or swallowing a bite of ground beef or frog legs or calf fritters or a good ol' booger. Sweets was another thing nixed out of the pregnancy diet completely. I didn't have a sweet tooth whatsoever, so why now? Why now when I want to lose weight do my doorknob hormones decide to put me through such agony? I can't resist my urges to eat such divine desserts and I can feel the Crisco, cream and sugar filling my soul (and my butt).
She thinks it's hilarious...it's all her fault...she's evil...and cute...and GOSH I love her...the end.

No comments: