Friday, March 20, 2009

Kindle?

I've seen the ad for the Kindle 2 quite a few times as my computer loads Amazon.com's home page. Tonight, I decided to actually click on it to see what the hay it was!

The Kindle 2 is a device that can hold upto 1500 books, go for days without being charged and to me, is a crock! Whatever happened to picking up a good ol' paperback or hardcover? When and WHY did it become popular to spend almost $400 on a piece of plastic, to read your books on? Heck! I could go to the library and read unlimited books for free.

Sometimes I wonder about things like this. I know for a fact I would find one hundred things better to spend my money on if I had it laying around. It must be one of those status symbols because I can't figure out why anyone would buy one, other than that one reason!

No comments: