Sunday, September 23, 2007

Little Girl



Halie Karissa. My little girl, my little helper, my little friend. At two and half, she has so much to learn, but has already learned so much. I took some photographs of her yesterday to capture the little girl she is becoming and sent them out to everyone and their brother. Her hair is now past her shoulders (though pretty thin still) and her features are becoming more prounounced and grown up by the minute. Her independence has taken off and I can't decide if I appreciate it or fear it because I know the day will sneak up on me when she doesn't need mommy anymore.

We've been potty-training Halie now for a little over a month and I would consider her 'trained' except for nighttime. She's now in big girl underwear during the day, and pull-ups at night because I'm not quite comfortable with her sleeping through the night without an accident...but I'm confident I won't have to worry about diaper changing two kids when the little one is born because of how excited Halie is to use the potty. She always tells me when she has to go and can practically do it all by herself now. Even without a potty seat!

Yesterday we were watching a movie and Halie kept pointing to my tummy and informing me their was a baby inside. Right at that moment, the baby started moving all around so I took Halie's little pudgy hand and told her if she waited a minute, she could feel it. She didn't really understand when it happened that it was the baby, but she felt the movement. I think it's pretty difficult to expect a toddler to understand something they cannot see. She'll understand in a few short months when she's not the only child anymore. I'm a little concerned and scared, but people have been building families forever so I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle. I'm sure Halie will be a wonderful big sister as she is a very nurturing and sensitive little girl who is always looking out for everyone's well-being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Babe you and Little Halie are just enough to make my buttons bust with pride! May God bless your family! Sandra