Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Own, Contradiction

A few months ago, I was really having a hard time deciding whether or not to vaccinate and wrote a post on how I supported vaccinations. Halie is totally current on the CDC schedule of vaccines (I never thought to study things like shots when she was born...did everything to the book), but Katelynn has been behind for almost six months, due to my avoiding it. I thought I believed that I needed to vaccinate, but now I'm really starting to feel opposite about my past-feelings, again. I'm starting to feel like 'shots' are just another way for the big-man at the top of companies like GlaxoSmithKline to make another buck. I'm starting to think that there really is a link to autism and SIDS due to vaccination. There's proof everywhere you look! Yes, the chances are small, I'm sure. But do I want to take that risk? Yes, I know the other side of the coin too. I guess I'm just not willing to shoot formaldehyde, thimiserol and other icky toxins into my kid's arm anymore! Do your research, make your own decision, and don't judge mine.

No comments: