Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spice My Chai!

Chai has become one of my favorite beverages, but it's so stinkin' expensive! I've been on a mission for awhile now to find a good recipe (and yes, I have found one that I will share another time) but till I get to Billings, and get the ingredients to make a huge batch of it, I've been drinking Oregon Chai, and spicing it up. Their chai just doesn't do it for me without me mixing my own spices in with it. So here's what I add (in case you're wondering how to spice up your chai life too)!

1/2 Cup Oregon Chai
1/2 Cup Soy (or regular milk)
1/4 Teaspoon ground, Ginger
1/4 Teaspoon ground, Cloves
Dash of white (or black) Pepper
A tad of Cardamom if you wish!

And Voila! The perfect cup of chai! I love a good, not to sweet, spicy chai! I'll post my recipe for Instant, Spiced Chai next time (made from scratch, YUM)!

No comments: