Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh Little Coupe

Today I handed the keys over to my little, red, coupe. My 99' Honda that I would drive on the country roads to our home, in the summertime, with the windows rolled up, being careful to avoid the monster grasshoppers I was deathly afraid of (still am) that always managed to flock my windshield. The car that booked it to 80 miles to Billings in the dead of a cold December night, so I could deliver my baby. I've even bogged through snow drifts a few times and it's never let me down (OK, I got stuck on our road in a huge mud puddle once).

Debt is something most of us don't exactly like hanging around, so we decided it was time to get rid of my little car, to avoid future payments on it. Getting rid of that makes half of our grocery bill! Now I have my Camry Wagon to ride around in...and yes, I do like my wagon, mind you. We'll be getting rid of our camper next and a few other odds and ends. Things are tight when Momma stays home, but it's SO worth it.

So my little coupe is now at the car lot, on consignment. I hope it's future driver is blessed with the luck it shared with me.

No comments: